Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After mis-firing with another not to be named boutique steel builder, Rob Pennell of Badger Cycles stepped up and delivered an amazingly crafted steel 29r in exactly 60 days from my initial deposit. The frame was delivered last Friday and I had not seen any pictures of frame because Rob did not have his camera the day he received the frame from his painter and he knew that I was eager to get the frame built up. When I unpacked the frame I was blown away by the glass-like fillet brazing and how cleanly cable stops were brazed. The paint job totally exceeded my expectations and I am confident I have not seen better paint work on a bike frame than what was executed on this one.

Enjoy the photos, build pics to come…

Attachments

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Poppy - Agreed, I tried to enhance the pictures in some photo program and ended up botching them up, sorry about that. Can anyone recommend a good program to reduce the file size of digital pictures, it seems to be too tasky!

·
Who turned out the lights
1,127 Posts
Good looking bike. Nice paint scheme. I'm really itching to get mine back from paint and built up again. Post those build pics!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Nice

CDIDriver said:
Can anyone recommend a good program to reduce the file size of digital pictures, it seems to be too tasky!
I am not sure there is much hope for capturing that on film (or a digital camera). From what I have seen of Rob's work, you have to actually walk up and run your hand across it to fully experience it. The paint is nice and that wet/flowing look is rarely done justice in photos.

I am really anxious to see mine come back from paint now....I am coming up on 60 days myself.

You have a nice bike there. I look forward to seeing it built and dirty.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Great looking color mix. I like it. Take some pics built up with early morning or late day light and the colors should really pop.

·
time to climb
239 Posts
Rob's work is very nice, and seeing yours makes me jealous. Mine should be here in a couple of weeks I hope. Soon there will be a Badger roaming Sierra foothills as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts