Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike has been holding up fine for the past couple of years. Really happy with it. One problem encountered while bombing fast downhills and jumping, is the chain slap inherent in the 4 -bar linkage bikes. I also experienced chain suck (between the rear cassette and the spokes) due to the chain derailing at high speed. I've solved the problem with the following upgrade:
Installed ther HEIM chainguide (one of the few guides compatible with E-type deraileurs).
I also went with the Race Face bash guard (2 ring set-up). The only problem now lies with the Shimano rear deraileur knocking up against the frame. I will solve that with a change to SRAM (they dont bounce in that direction).

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Pushed?

I was thinking of pushing my stock float but am really leaning towards the RP3. My question is how is it handling the higher leverage ratios? I just got my bike back from lbs today so havn't had time to dial it in but the 110mm setting seems to require too much air. I set it to 90mm and it took around 200lbs I weigh 175. I am wondering if pushing my float would get me better platform for the higher ratio's or if the RP3's having lockout open and pro would not be better? Any advice? BTW what pressures did you run with the float? pivot setting and your wieght
Thx for any help you can give me, Dan

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Settings....

I run the BETD linckage in the middle position. The RP3 with 160lbs pressure. I weigh 180. With the Pro -Pedal full on there's hardly any bob while climbing. While descending, I turn the Pro-Pedal off, pretty plush.......

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I've found it a cleaner look to disconnect the chainstays at the horst pivot and slide a road-size inner tube over the chainstay for protection instead of zip-tying a protector on the chainstay on my FSR.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.