Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a perfectly great '98 manitou sx-r orange fork that's getting a little sticky and was wondering if anyone has rebuilt one of these things? Is it worth the work & investment?
also, if you have any instructions/links to info on the net about this, please hook me up. thanks a lot for your time! CBB in Japan

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
dougal's site

should have what ya need. http://dougal.8m.com/
also check out angryasian.com
if you need a manual, enduroforkseals.com has some, but they don't go back quite that far.

sounds like you just need some basic maintenance, it's a been a long time since I've worked on a manitou ('97 fs, sold in ~'99), but maintenance was eaasy. get some 2.5 wt fork oil for the damper.
The only problem will be if the elastomers have gone gooey, might be difficult to find replacement elastomers.

keirinbike said:
I have a perfectly great '98 manitou sx-r orange fork that's getting a little sticky and was wondering if anyone has rebuilt one of these things? Is it worth the work & investment?
also, if you have any instructions/links to info on the net about this, please hook me up. thanks a lot for your time! CBB in Japan

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you thank you

damn dude, just wanted to send a very big thanks your way, as that site will come in really handy. he has some really good info on the '98 forks, which is exactly what i couldn't find. i also have to give you thumbs up on your picture! if i ever bump into you in this life, i'll definitely buy you a beer!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.