Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am hoping someone can give me measurments of the betd link.
Mainly eye to eye length. And distance from bottom 3 shock mount holes to ends.

Or if someone has one laying around I am willing to buy for the right price.

·
Registered
23 Posts
HOFFMAN223 said:
Is this the linkage that you're inquiring about? If so, then I can give you the info that you need.
Please do post up on that, I'd like to know. I ride a (pretty much) bone stock '99 FSR Sport that I got off of craigslist for $200 about 6 months ago and things are starting to wear and I'd like to get a little more travel out of the rear.

·
GRAVITY IS GOOD
333 Posts
No problem, I pm'ed JUDAH304 with the info not thinking it would be any use to anyone else, sorry about that. First read my review about the linkage, that may answer some preliminary questions.

http://www.mtbr.com/mfr/betd/shock-upgrade/fsr-swingarm-upgrade/PRD_352912_143crx.aspx

Anyway, it does exactly what it claims to do....offer adjustable travel from 4 to 5 to 6", and it does it very well. I would highly recommend getting what BETD calls the "A" link bearing kit. This is for the horst link on the chainstay in front of the dropout. If yours hasn't been changed out, meaning it is still the original bushing in there, it's well past due for replacement. The old bushing will create a ton of unwanted friction at that point which will adversely effect the linkage upgrade. It won't negate the benefits, but you would be doing yourself an injustice in spending the $$$ to upgrade the linkage and having the potential performance hampered by a stiff/tight/cracked bushing. Remember, it is this linkage that makes the FSR what it is.

For reference, the shock in the picture is a 6 - 1/2" eye 2 eye Fox Vanilla. All measurements were taken with reference to the location of the seatstay mounting holes and the frame-bracket mounting holes on the linkage. All measurements taken from center to center of bolt holes.

Linikage eye 2 eye = 5"
Adjustment holes for 4 - 5 - 6" = 7/16" apart

Distance from 4" to frame mounting holes = 1 - 7/8"
Distance from 5" to frame mounting holes = 2 - 3/8"
Distance from 6" to frame mounting holes = 2 - 3/4"
Distance from 4" to seatstay mounting holes = 3 - 1/8"
Distance from 5" to seatstay mounting holes = 2 - 5/8"
Distance from 6" to seatstay mounting holes = 2 - 1/4"

I hope this helps, if you have any more questions post them on this thread in case anyone else needs this info. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.