Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Not an Attitude, but..

TheRedMantra said:
Is it ok to run a 100mm fork on one of these frames or should I stick to 80? Honestly, 80 is fine for me, but 100 is better :D . Thank you!
I just stuck a 100mm Skareb on my Adept, and am largely happy with the results.

I didnt want to change my riding position much, so I replaced my Hellbent XC with a Flattracker, which feels great. (I originally just flopped my stem, but for some reason, it didnt feel right)

The main reason for switching forks wasnt to get more travel, but to regain some steering control I felt the SID SL was lacking. Mission accomplished!

Bottom line: Go for it, but realize that changes to riding position and style may be necessary

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I doubt there will be much adjusting because I have never ridden the bike. I am still building it. Thanks for the input, but that is a different frame :( . Anyone riding an older attitude with 100mm of travel?

·
Registered
352 Posts
My Brother has a Klein Attitude (02 model though) and He was thinking the same thing. But He called up Klein and asked about running 100mm fork and they said your not supposed to cause it will mess up the frame since klein uses ultra thin tubing. But maybe the 97-98 models are different.
Hope this helps-
Sam

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NRSDude said:
My Brother has a Klein Attitude (02 model though) and He was thinking the same thing. But He called up Klein and asked about running 100mm fork and they said your not supposed to cause it will mess up the frame since klein uses ultra thin tubing. But maybe the 97-98 models are different.
Hope this helps-
Sam
Thanks for the info. I think just to play it safe I will run 80mm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.