Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have new seals for the Rok Shox deluxe rear shock on my 96 LTS1 but I don't have the fluid quantity and pressure specs. Any Literature or Ideas out there?

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have the factory service manual for the Deluxe/Super Deluxe shocks.
It's not very detailed (12 pages covering both shocks), but it lists 8 RS "special tools" required for servicing. Doesn't look like a DIY job based on this manual.

With that said, in the section titled "floating piston position setting" it says to insert the small diameter needle (one of the special tools) into the air valve and pressurize to 50lbs, causing the floating piston to slide towards the body eye "with a pop".
It says to then fill to the first thread on the inside of the body tube w/ 5wt oil.

Once fully assembled you are supposed to charge the shock (using the small needle tool again) to 225 psi with Nitrogen. It says compressed air can be used but performance will not be as good. It also says to use a hand pump, not an air compressor.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!
I have been looking for specs for along time. I have alleady fabricated most of the other tools for dis and re assembly, replaced the seals and was looking for these specs.
Thanks again. If there is any way to scan these to me I would cover your costs.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have a bunch of manuals that I have been meaning to scan "one of these days".
I think I'll take the lot of them to work and scan them as I get a chance.
Anybody have a website that wants to post some pdfs?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts