Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there is a SS action thread, why not a 951 thread.

Davet on the board here, was nice enough to take some pics today(and yesterday). Don't have too much saddle time on the 951, but so far, I'm loving it.

Post em up if you got em.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great pics and nice Fanatik Jersey!

I think I saw that pretty blue 951 the last time I was in that shop.

I don't have many shots at all yet on the new bike, but this is one from the backside of Zoot track by Coronet Peak in NZ. Pretty sure this trail is in the teaser of Follow Me! And yes, the trail turns rider's left where all that rock is built up - I'm not blowing up in that shot!

Attachments

·
Ideas Above My Station...
1,506 Posts
Hey Deadweb, is that 2nd pic Cwmcarn? After the bridge at the bottom of the track?

Wheres the 1st?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Orange-Goblin said:
Wheres the 1st?
Heya OG, both at cwmcarn, first is on the top section before the first right hand switchback, second is right at the end. Bike is totally sick and you were spot on with recommending the large, the medium would have been way to short in the TT.

·
1,506 Posts
Thought so, must get up there again now i've got my 951. Glad the sizing is good, the large feels planted!

·
1,506 Posts
Samdemo, what jersey is that?

I'm not a fan of 'moto' style DH and can't find much i like otherwise!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Orange-Goblin said:
Samdemo, what jersey is that?

I'm not a fan of 'moto' style DH and can't find much i like otherwise!
It's a Sombrio JT 3/4 jersey. I think mine is a one off, but they do make ones that are close to being the same and it looks like they will still offer the jersey in 2010. If you like non-moto style gear, check out the Sombrio stuff. It's pricey, but CRC seems to have it on sale all the time. Sizing is a bit wonky, as they use Dave Watson(owner) for the sizing chart and fitting and he's a pinner so be sure to check the sizing carefully.I have a ton of Sombrio stuff and it works and functions pretty well. Their shorts are nice too.

Backcountryoutlet.com and Chainlove.com also sell the Sombrio stuff for cheap too.

·
1,506 Posts
I think it is a one-off for sure, as i have a few bits of Sombrio stuff from a few years back but haven't liked much of their stuff recently! Looked everywhere for a similar jersey but this years version is nowhere near as nice. Cheers for the reply though!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Orange-Goblin said:
I think it is a one-off for sure, as i have a few bits of Sombrio stuff from a few years back but haven't liked much of their stuff recently! Looked everywhere for a similar jersey but this years version is nowhere near as nice. Cheers for the reply though!
we're lucky here in Vancouver, Sombrio has a warehouse sale every year where they dump all the one-offs, trials, samples and leftover stock for dirt cheap. Dirt cheap as in $5 t-shirts, $30 hoodies etc. It's pretty awesome

·
Registered
1,769 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cheers Samdemo. Im a bit of a caveman on the old computer. Still not sure how to post photos up but will give it another go later dude.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts