Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

New to forum; thanks in advance for any help!

Is there a top pull, clamp-on front derailleur made by SRAM that will accommodate a 2x10 50/34, 11-36 set up? If not, is there another brand that will work, assuming all other parts are SRAM?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Upon more digging, looks like top-pull won't work for such a large chainring. My alternate plan as of now is diving more deeply into the possibility of a road FD 2x10, possibly the sunrace FDRS0 braze on, with the accompanying adaptor for my seat tube. Is this feasible?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
The size of the chainring doesn't determine the type of front derailleur. Whether you need a top or bottom pull depends on how the shift cable is routed to the derailleur.

Also, be wary of the crankset. If it was a 3x, a 2x front derailleur may not work. The offset will be different and it will overshift on either side, dropping the chain.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Upon more digging, looks like top-pull won't work for such a large chainring. My alternate plan as of now is diving more deeply into the possibility of a road FD 2x10, possibly the sunrace FDRS0 braze on, with the accompanying adaptor for my seat tube. Is this feasible?
Most road front derailleurs have a different cable pull from mountain derailleurs, so you will need to get a flat bar road shifter to use them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts