Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sweep the leg!
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It used to be a multigear until yesterday when my daughter wanted a project for the day.
Cautious use of the jigsaw & file results in sufficient area for proper chain tension using a 32/16 with either my Cronometro wheel and cassette spacers or the Bullseye hub-wheel redished for chail line & a 16t freewheel... front wheel is either the Cronometro or an old Winners 2000 hub. Yes, this bike is old. I yanked my moustache bars off my Raleigh Tanknium and I'm retireing it after 18 years of service.

The C'dale is outfitted with... get out your Sherman & Peabody time travel kits...

Manitou 4 forks w/ Al steer
Coda CNC crank
Syncros post
Bontrager (pre trek) Ti saddle
Cane Creek headset
American Classic Ti waterbottle cages
Onza pedals
Sedis M50 chain (I still have a box of them)
Paul's cantilever brakes w/ Coda (aka Diacompe) levers
Blinkie lights for commuting
Road wheels... 32h Trek Mt Titan rims on Bullseye rear/ Winners 2000 front, DT 14g spokes
Trail wheels... rear 24h Sun CR17A rim on Cronometro (now Cane Creek) hub 15g SS spokes
...front 22h Sun CR17A rim, Crono hub 15g SS spokes

It was under 22# when it had gears so I might have dropped it another pound shedding the gears. The loss of the cassette body is substantial compared to the freewheel on the Bullseye hub.

Today we're going to go for a ride...

Attachments

·
Sweep the leg!
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sunday rolling around with my daughter was fine set up with the 32/16 but trying to get to work today S#cked! I spun it out before I got to the end of our driveway (10'!) So today I changed it to the 44/16. With the road tires it changes it from 398 cm to 547 cm per rev. That's closer to the 568 cm per rev I had on the 700c SS.

·
Gynecological Emergency
48 Posts
Caffeine Powered said:
Onza pedals
Crap. I was kinda hoping you weren't still using those Onza pedals. They would have been perfect for my Colnago.

Caffeine Powered said:
Sedis M50 chain (I still have a box of them)
Don't suppose you could set one aside for me, couldya?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.