Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hoped to get the 10s version as well but so far only the 9s version has made it to my house...

Anyway:
9s
Shimano compatible
97g in stock trim but replacing the 2 clamping steel bolts with aluminium bolts they weigh just 94g:thumbsup:

That's with real, grippy rubber grips.No fancy foam that will disintegrate...

Shifting in hand they feel just like the Plasmas they will replace. I still haven't mounted them though so riding impression or how they feel on the bike will take about an hour still...i will go down and set my bike up with them.

But more interesting will be the 10s version that i should get these days as well.Finally i will be able to convert to 10s.So far triggers just haven't been an option for me:nono:

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Can't wait to get my hands on 10's version!

Thanks for the post Nino!

Ohad.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Mmmm... I don't believe they will be that great.

10spd in the same k7 space (shorter distance between cogs) + same ratio (1:2) (less cable pulled for each gear change) + a bit of mud = very imprecise shifting on nasty conditions...

But hey, lets wait and see.

·
Registered
531 Posts
nino, the 10s version will be for shimano or sram RD?

in my attack 8s gripshift clicks are really close and is easy to mistake and change 2 gears instead one. son I think Batas can be right with his coment

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
STS said:
nino, the 10s version will be for shimano or sram RD?

in my attack 8s gripshift clicks are really close and is easy to mistake and change 2 gears instead one. son I think Batas can be right with his coment
I will get both, Shimano and SRAM.

No-i don't see any problems. A click is a click.It is a defined motion.
I use 9s Plasma and never had any problems.

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
nino said:
I hoped to get the 10s version as well but so far only the 9s version has made it to my house...

Anyway:
9s
Shimano compatible
97g in stock trim but replacing the 2 clamping steel bolts with aluminium bolts they weigh just 94g:thumbsup:

That's with real, grippy rubber grips.No fancy foam that will disintegrate...

Shifting in hand they feel just like the Plasmas they will replace. I still haven't mounted them though so riding impression or how they feel on the bike will take about an hour still...i will go down and set my bike up with them.

But more interesting will be the 10s version that i should get these days as well.Finally i will be able to convert to 10s.So far triggers just haven't been an option for me:nono:
Yummy!:thumbsup:

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,914 Posts
Gotta agree with nino, you have to be a real klutz to overshift any indexed shifter. Sure you can go tooo far with a friction shifter, or an index that doesn't match the derailleur brand/geometry (suntour and shimano spacing in the 80s-90s was very close but not exactly the same, yet suntour had the lightest shifters so a lot of us run them and mix/match to other brands of derailleurs) but with matching geometry of shifters and derailleurs, there's no reason you should ever shift two cogs unless you're cable tension is way off, or your derailleur hanger is bent.

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
russya said:
Will the sram models have the ratio of X0 or will it be the ratio of XX/Red?
I should get some samples for XX together with my 10s but plan also to get 10s for "regular" X.0 later on. I am pretty much ordering them to my needs.
I am starting with Shimano since that's what i use...

·
Registered
917 Posts
Have to disagree. In the "heat of the action", and like STS said, with sram attack closed space "clicks" it is easy to change 2 gears by mistake. They are a bit close. Now, I imagine how would it be with 10spd shifters... Not for me, thanks!

"No-i don't see any problems. A click is a click.It is a defined motion."

Yes, it really is. In perfect conditions it works. Now add a little mud, fast pace...

Nope. Can't see benefits from that. Lets agree to disagree.

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Batas said:
Have to disagree. In the "heat of the action", and like STS said, with sram attack closed space "clicks" it is easy to change 2 gears by mistake. They are a bit close. Now, I imagine how would it be with 10spd shifters... Not for me, thanks!

"No-i don't see any problems. A click is a click.It is a defined motion."

Yes, it really is. In perfect conditions it works. Now add a little mud, fast pace...

Nope. Can't see benefits from that. Lets agree to disagree.
I never used those 8s grip-shifters you are talking about.Maybe those are different.Attacks have a "bad" profiled rubber with too little grip which might make your hands slip but on good grips that's not the case.I am on 9s Plasmas and there is no way you accidentally can shift 2 gears.The movement is a defined one.

I had "double" shifts when using the actual XTR triggers though as pushing the triggers is much softer feeling than my grip-shifters which made for unwanted shifts but definitely not on a grip-shifter with such defined dents. I really don't see the problem at all. Every shifter feels different anyway and you get accustomed to it. I'm sure if i would have XTR triggers i would get into it but i really had a lot of misshifts when trying out my friends bikes.

·
Craigez
22 Posts
As someone already asked:

What About the price?

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,914 Posts
Boy we got two newbies here who apparently don't know the history of nino.

·
FreeRider 4 Real (not!)
363 Posts
Nino, do you want a real homepage with shop, let me know, I can set you up ;)

1 - 20 of 169 Posts