Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's up people.. So I wanna get a lower budget bike that will be good for exercising around town, into berry fields and little dirt hills as I live in a rural town. I would also like a bike that I would maybe be able to attach or somehow add a seat for my baby when he's old enough. I'm hoping to spend around $500 max (stretching my budget).. I know that's not much given the prices that bikes are nowadays but maybe I'm not looking good enough.. Well anyways is there any brands or models that you guys would suggest in that price range? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Am I better buying new or off craigslist?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Used is a good option if you know what you are looking for.
If you want to buy new, I think Cannondale and Specialized both have their entry level bikes (sl7 and Hard Rock) at those prices,
Any bike should be able to accomodate a child seat if done properly

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Get a two-wheeled child trailer attachment instead. Inexperienced bikers can tend to crash more. And, if the kid is not wearing some kind of head protection....that spells TROUBLE.

At least if the bike goes down using a trailer.....the kid's unit remains upright.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Used is a good option if you know what you are looking for.
If you want to buy new, I think Cannondale and Specialized both have their entry level bikes (sl7 and Hard Rock) at those prices,
Any bike should be able to accomodate a child seat if done properly
Thanks man, I think ill just end up going to a lbs and ask to see those that you mentioned.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get a two-wheeled child trailer attachment instead. Inexperienced bikers can tend to crash more. And, if the kid is not wearing some kind of head protection....that spells TROUBLE.

At least if the bike goes down using a trailer.....the kid's unit remains upright.
Oh really?? I'm definitely going to look into that! Thanks for the info!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts