Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
This is my first post and I apologize if it's not in the right section.;) I have an older KHS bike that I still love and was wondering if anyone out there knows if I can add new forks (suspension) to the front and replace the existing forks? I've added a couple of pictures if it helps.
Thanks so much!

Attachments

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Welcome to the KHS forum!!! :band:

Dont take me wrong on this please. Your head tube looks to be a 1" which is out dated if you search you may find a Marzocchi 80mm fork to fit. Problem is you will continue to put parts and money into trying to make it a modern bike to revive those great memories. Memories are the past save your money and dream for a modern bike that will make your riding experience what your looking to, go into the new grin factor. Dreams are great they give us a goal your dream should be a new bike and keep the memory as it is, happy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome and quick response.
I suppose it's time to recycle the ol' gal and find something to make new memories on. 

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Folkfest said:
Thanks for the welcome and quick response.
I suppose it's time to recycle the ol' gal and find something to make new memories on. 
I wont push the recycle because memories are rare we need them but a sexy modern bike between your thighs would put that smile back 5X as good as ol faithful. Kinda like comparing a '94 motorcycle to a 2010. :eekster:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol... Agreed!
However, ur talking to a girl who drives a vintage '83 motorcyle as well.
Maybe I'll post the ol' gal on kijiji and see if she sells.
Trick is to find the next bike I can nurse for another decade.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Folkfest said:
Lol... Agreed!
However, ur talking to a girl who drives a vintage '83 motorcyle as well.
Maybe I'll post the ol' gal on kijiji and see if she sells.
Trick is to find the next bike I can nurse for another decade.
What moto you riding their Lady?? :cool:

Ekerz got busted in the Y-chrome mind of thinking. :eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1983 Honda CM450E........... LOVE 'er!!:D
Am I crazy to think I could get any $ for selling the old KHS. It is in spectacular condition but alas..........an oldy.:skep:

Attachments

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Folkfest said:
1983 Honda CM450E........... LOVE 'er!!:D
Am I crazy to think I could get any $ for selling the old KHS. It is in spectacular condition but alas..........an oldy.:skep:
LoL IRC Spitfire tires sport bars and engine guards on a vintage mini cruiser. :rolleyes:

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Folkfest said:
Lol... Mock me all u will, I luv the ol' gal.
:lol: You have character never give that up :thumbsup:

Next time you go for tires go for the Metzeler ME33 front and if still available a ME55 rear, they cost more but last longer wear better and the ride will improve dramatically. :yesnod:

So what up with the KHS :ihih:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm still undecided on what to do with the KHS. Can't seem to bring myself to sell it. lol

I have purchased a new bike to play on though!:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts