Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just got 900 dollars worth of credit from performance. I love my xc bike and have no problems with it so I'm looking for a full dj/urban bike. The best (rather only) option seems to be the mongoose hardball. Would anyone recommand it or an even better option under 900?

·
Too Kool for Skool
321 Posts
Bikes sold at performance in your area (i saw your thread on dc street too) are rocky mountain , mongoose. schwinn, gt. iron horse, and there might be a few giants left at the rockville pike store. I say try to see if there is a rockymountain flow from last year that has been discounted into your price range. If there is a giant stp you could get that. I wouldnt reccomend a mongoose or a schwinn. The gts for 07 look pretty good for the money and you might find a decent ironhorse although those will probably be more freeride oriented

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
ohh, if you want one of the most indestructable frames ever, look into the ironhorse chimpera and bakuto hardtails. you cant go wrong with em' !

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
Both those IH bikes suck for urban. Get a Porter or a Flow.
they do just fine for DJ and urban. ignore will. I think the porter was stopped being made in 04 and RM flow ..I've heard some bad things about

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
todd_freeride said:
they do just fine for DJ and urban. ignore will. I think the porter was stopped being made in 04 and RM flow ..I've heard some bad things about
They're both tall, heavy, and on the long side. They feel very wooden in the urban setting.

I think you're right about the Porter being discontinued, but you can still find them at a few Performance shops. And they were sweet rides. They looked funky though.

Performance doesn't carry Specialized...

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
They're both tall, heavy, and on the long side. They feel very wooden in the urban setting.

I think you're right about the Porter being discontinued, but you can still find them at a few Performance shops. And they were sweet rides. They looked funky though.

naw, you must have ridden a 17 or a 19" my friend (who has a chimpera) rides a 15" for park. rigid fork and everything,actually very flickable. but yea, a little on the heavy side ( 32 pounds)

werent the porter frames extremly small too ? something like a 20.5 inch toptube on a 12" frame, and the "long" was like 21.3 and a 13.5" frame ?

·
Registered
344 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:

IH stopped making the Porter after 05 after Eric went to Haro.

If you can find one, snatch it up. Bound to be discounted too cause it'll be a year or two old. Sweet bikes.

The Chimpera and Bakuto are built for trailriding and freeride...they'd suck a lot of ass for DJ or park.

·
Too Kool for Skool
321 Posts
Raghavan said:
Specialized P1.
Dude read the thread :rolleyes:

The iron horse bikes are very heavy as they are similar to the norco shore hardtails for usage. They might be ok but not great. Listen to will he knows what he is talking about.

·
Banned
4 Posts
I got a gary fisher mullet single speed its only 600 bucks and i can really throw it around. I just landed my first backflip on it after manyy spills and the bikes thru as it was when i bought it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
americanethics said:
well you can see my avatar, but yeah I do. I think they had very cogent lyrics and a good message. Are you into that kind of stuff?
most defenitely. i have them cranked right now. flags will cover coffins. their producer went under i think so my order for the rest of their cd's didnt go through. bike wise get a chase or a used complete. look on pinkbike

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Okay folks, read the thread. He has the credit at PERFORMANCE. Therefore the bike has to be from PEFORMANCE.

Ironhorse, Rocky Mountain, Schwinn, Mongoose, GT, Fuji, and MAYBE some left over Giants.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts