Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide between these two frames. I plan to use this bike in the snow mostly (only?). As much as I can on fresh snow and touring (as in just riding vs racing/riding on groomed trails). After checking the "2021 Fatbike State of the Union" thread and some other places, the 9 zero 7 Lynx and Salsa Mukluk are the two frames that attract me the most.

For background I owned a 2014 9 zero 7 Al "touring" bike for a couple of years and I loved it. It had B+L on Clown Shoes and it was a tractor. Then I had a Fatboy SE for another couple of years. I liked it and did some races on it and had fun, but it's not the type of bike I want now.

The 907 Lynx geometry is close to the 2014 frame I had (longer TT, shorter chain stay, shorter HT length), and the Mukluk is close to that as well. There's a big difference in price for these framesets though - $700! What can justify the premium for the 9 zero 7? It's probably a bit lighter but both are carbon, it can't be a big difference.

Thanks!

·
Thingamejigger
1,278 Posts
I have an older carbon 907 and an alloy mukluk (same geo as carbon). Love both bikes and how they ride, my 907 has been a fantastic bike and done everything it’s been asked of for 7 years; the one deal breaker for me is the pressfit Bottom Bracket on the newer 907 bikes. Whilst many, many, people will say they will be fine and it probably will be, if I had to replace my 907 tomorrow, it would be with a carbon Mukluk (Or maybe a bareclaw frank with a cane creek angle set)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.