Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

81 - 100 of 909 Posts

·
Anchorage, AK
658 Posts
This was the 3rd Whiteout out the door in 2013. Just picked it up from the shop tonight and put about 10 miles on it on some fun, twisty AK singletrack. New additions are the Bluto, GX 1 drivetrain, Flow/Dunderbeist tires, and Guide RSC brakes. 28 lbs as it sits. The bike is a monster...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
turtles make me hot
11,484 Posts
Tricked out head badge will come later on. I was home sick today so I made it to the vinyl guy. Snowflake is on and he made 9 ZERO 7 stickers for me from an image he took off the internet. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm in the market for a new fat bike and came across the deal FATBIKES.com is offering on the 2015 Whiteout aluminum build. My first question is, how's the build look to you guys? I'll probably upgrade to the mulefut rims. My second question would it be a good option for a all season bike? I'm not familial with 9 zero 7 bikes and appreciate your feedback.

·
Rippin da fAt
8,582 Posts
I'm in the market for a new fat bike and came across the deal FATBIKES.com is offering on the 2015 Whiteout aluminum build. My first question is, how's the build look to you guys? I'll probably upgrade to the mulefut rims. My second question would it be a good option for a all season bike? I'm not familial with 9 zero 7 bikes and appreciate your feedback.
I ride my 9:Zero:7 year round. It's good fun going out Jeepin on 2 wheels. I'm using a pair of RD's with Hopes in the middle. Mulefut is a good choice...

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Great folks at Fatbike.com and the deals they are currently offering are real fair pricing with decent builds. I almost bought another one to go with my 2013 as it only fits 4.00" tires but they are out of small frames. Personally I the feel 1399.00 alum Whiteout would be a sweet ride and a good investment. I have no experience with their own rims, my bike has RD's and I run downhill mountain bike tubes. If you want to run tubeless the Mulefut would be worth the extra $200.00

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Is that the 9:ZERO:7 carbon fork? Share some thoughts on it?
It is not. It's the fork that came with my dengfu fm190.
I rode the fm190 with zero ****s given. I thrashed the thing. This fork is burly and has stood up to the task so far. It is NOT ultralight. It's pretty heavy duty. I tip the scales at sometimes upward of 195 and I'm not gentle anyways. I'm gonna continue thrashing it.

·
turtles make me hot
11,484 Posts
Hempstead-20160218-00862.jpg Hempstead-20160218-00863.jpg

I'm kickin' myself a little for not doing them in green but I think once the bike is all together it'll look fine. Every single part going on it is black.
I was pretty sick yesterday, so I didn't do the front wheel.
I'll get to it tonight.

·
bigger than you.
3,070 Posts
I'm kickin' myself a little for not doing them in green but I think once the bike is all together it'll look fine. Every single part going on it is black.
I was pretty sick yesterday, so I didn't do the front wheel.
I'll get to it tonight.
Looks good! can your vinyl guy do laminated decals, or does he just do single color?

81 - 100 of 909 Posts