Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 909 Posts

·
Rippin da fAt
8,748 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I love my 2013 9:ZERO:7 170mm frame not much frames was in this game, now just switched to 190mm frame. Now I don't like it logo, I liked snowflake on the front :)

·
turtles make me hot
11,505 Posts
I'm ordering up a purple frame tomorrow. I've always wanted a Niner green bike so it'll go off to the powder coater as soon as it gets here.

·
AKTed
39 Posts

Still riding my original 9:Zero:7 (2011?) frame, recently upgraded with a Carver Carbon Fork. Offset rear.

Does what I need it to do.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The "TEAM" frames will begin shipping next week...

They are incredible... very stiff, very light, super "snappy" but still has the stability/agility of the standard frames.

Mine is 23 lbs. With a Raceface cockpit, Studded D4's, X1/X0, Avid Mech brakes, and NextSl cranks -- loving every mile!!!

·
turtles make me hot
11,505 Posts
DAMN!! Ordered my purple 197/150 frame and fork on Monday, saw no need to pay the additional 40 bucks for overnight shipping and it's here today!

I can't get it to the powdercoater fast enough.

·
turtles make me hot
11,505 Posts
Another reason to like 907. I ordered two of the rear spaced front hubs for my son's bike and a spacer that they sell that I assumed would convert my 907 hub to a 150. They called me today and asked if I was going to try and use the spacer on the hubs I bought and I said no, but the same one I have on an older bike.
They corrected me and said the old 135 hubs are not convertible so I shouldn't buy that.
Very nice of them. I think everyone else would have just sent it and let me figure it out.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
It's still purple. No one needs to see that. Getting dropped off today. Pics start as soon as it gets picked up.
I like the purple and the price and would ride it as is. I'm sure the frame will look killer no matter what you do. Have fun with the project.

·
Alaska Turner Mafia
1,118 Posts
Cuatro Zeros

Four of us that have been riding together for years broke out our fatbikes and rode some bomber single track yesterday just north of Anchorage. We were shocked to see dirt! That's right, no snow. There was the isolated ribbon of glare ice on portions of single track, but dirt and dust were the order of the day. The single tracks were probably in the best shape for this network that we've ever seen.

We all ride the same model 907's; Ti frames that Chain Reaction brought in around the Sept, 2009 timeframe. These were their first offering that featured a symmetrical rear triangle, constructed as an option to their 135mm offset rear triangle aluminum frames. Those were still very much the developmental years for fatbike evolution, as this version was built with 160mm rear dropout spacing, standards really hadn't landed yet. I had an offset rear triangle WildFire and saw this as a huge upgrade. Four of us approached Chain Reaction to see if we could get a volume discount if we all plunked down, and they agreed to pass along a deal as they wanted to get some out on the trails for exposure. We've been happily riding these bikes hard ever since.

We've seen the progression to wider rear ends, tapered head tubes and suspension fork capability, 1x drivetrains and carbon frames, but none of us are willing to give these frames up. Sure there are temptations, but despite some of the obsolete specs these have they still provide a reliable and sporty ride. Stiff at the bottom bracket with that oversized downtube, 3/4" seat stays and 7/8" chain stays. Stable handling, plus the bonus of 29+ convertibility.

After our ride was completed, we lamented over a few beers at how well these "Edsels" still perform. We've got tons of miles on these, in Alaska you probably put more miles on a fatbike than any other type of bike, yet we've experienced not a single frame issue. Chain Reaction brought in what we consider a timeless rigid frame that's just about perfect. I've even slid a 170mm rear wheel in mine with no problems, those stays can flex outward 5mm on each side without a hiccup. Truly some long term 907 love. Here's SuperBlinky, EndUser, HoppyTrales, and yours truly still completely satisfied.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 909 Posts