Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 909 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,
I haven't post much in the past few years and have been checking in recently to do a little reading. Back in 2013 when I built up my 9:zero:7 McGrath, there weren't many bike choices and there was a huge shortage of inventory, parts, etc. At the time 9:zero:7, Salsa and Surly were big and then everyone jumped on the bandwagon. now the market is flooded with fatbikes, prices have come down, and I don't see much writen about 9:zero:7 fat bikes. I love mine and enjoy every ride. anyone else still have love for their 9:zero:7?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
^I am still liking my 9:ZERO:7. Had a 2013 first which was great, then got the 2015 w/ the thru axles and 150mm fork an really like that. My buddy has a 2014 and liked it enough to get the 2015 Carbon. I like how the frames evolve w/ 9:ZERO:7, then they aren't just pimping new color schemes every year!

I don't know if I am too fond of the new GIANT freaking graphics on the team issue carbons though! I do hope to have their carbon fork soon though.

·
turtles make me hot
11,484 Posts
I'm still riding a 190/135 9Zero7 and I still love the bike.

I was going to order a new black ano tapered headset, thru axle bike so I emailed them and asked if they could sell me a black bike with black decals since red isn't my thing. They replied they do not have decals and don't even know how to remove the red ones.
I've already built new 29+ wheels and used a 150mm thru type hub in the front. Now I either have to re lace the wheel with a new hub or get the black and red frame. Not the end of the world, but ya know...

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have a 2014 135/190 frame (Susitna), its been a great bike! I run HuDu tires on it in the summer and a Bud/Bud combo in winter. I've added Jones bars, Ouri grips, and a one up 42 cog, but other than that its stock. FullSizeRender (25).jpg FullSizeRender (26).jpg

·
turtles make me hot
11,484 Posts
Wait... What are they up to?? What's coming out next that made them blow those frames out?

·
Thingamejigger
1,229 Posts
We like a bit of 9:zero:7 love! I started out with a 2013 and rode it so much I wore out the rear knard to being a slick!

14666959989_f2433e6597_c.jpg

I then admired Anortherncrazy's bike from the pictures he was posting and after a rush of blood the head ended up with this....

18628443040_d322502363_c.jpg

·
Registered
1,797 Posts

Purple here. I love it. It's a lot darker in person, so it looks more like an eggplant than something feminine.

·
Rippin da fAt
8,582 Posts
Still running the '14 135/190. 1x10 with 28/36-11 works nicely with a short cage X9 type II rd. It's fun but needs a higher BB so it doesn't get high centered so easily. Gotta love that bike tho'.

Wearing his winter galoshes...
Snow Ride.jpg

Wearing his approach shoes...
IMG_0226.jpg

The big change to these has been the addition of thru axle and taper hs. Not that a 44/44 wouldn't serve that purpose.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had the 2013 frame which my wife now rides. We moved near a nice trail network recently and she has really embraced it this year. She is out every morning. I now ride a 2015 with DT Swiss wheels in winter and Hugo's insummer. They both been great bikes

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great to see some love and pictures of nice bikes. My 2013 9:zero:7 is old school 170 and works great with the stock non studded 4.0" Dillingers.

·
Registered
453 Posts
still loving 907 here

Rode this 135/190 year 'round for a while, then switched parts to a 2015 Carbon Whiteout.
Good stuff!

IMG_1365.jpg

1 - 20 of 909 Posts