Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking of switching back to a wide range 11 speed, both for potentially pretty huge weight savings, reliability, etc.. I do actually like the 50t cog for crazy steep long grinds up fire roads, but i hardly ever use my small cog with a 34t chainring. i thought of switching to a 32 but I think it'd make my larger cogs less useful, and the 50 totally useless.

So i was thinking of running the e13 9-46 with a 32t or even 30t chainring, more clearance, lighter, more useable gears. Just dont know if running the eagle derailleur would be an issue? id assume not.

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
Been thinking of switching back to a wide range 11 speed, both for potentially pretty huge weight savings, reliability, etc.. I do actually like the 50t cog for crazy steep long grinds up fire roads, but i hardly ever use my small cog with a 34t chainring. i thought of switching to a 32 but I think it'd make my larger cogs less useful, and the 50 totally useless.

So i was thinking of running the e13 9-46 with a 32t or even 30t chainring, more clearance, lighter, more useable gears. Just dont know if running the eagle derailleur would be an issue? id assume not.
Can your shifter work the 11 spd?

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
Just realized I didn't specify, I'd be running the e13 12 speed cassette, not the 11.

I would think it should work, just didn't know if the eagle derailleur would like the 9t.
Might just come down to chain "type" or length. I k ow not of 12 speed but e13 11 speed cassettes are known to be abit finicky.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.