Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ride
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the late notice. If anyone is up for tromping around in the snow, a few of us locals are meeting at the shop at 9:30 this morning. Maybe Hall or maybe Picture Rock? Both are good to go if you don't mind punching thru snow here and there :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Too late,

Dave,
If you would have said something when I was in the shop yesterday I would have come up. I didn't see this until too late.
Rob.

·
ride
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had I known that far in advance, Rob, I would've let you know. Plans were hatched last night over beers and finalized over bacon and eggs this morning.

Conditions were winter perfect. Stay away when it warms up, though - Hall Ranch will be a soupy, muddy mess. Here's a few pics. The el cheapo espresso machine at the bike shop has been a great addition so far, too:thumbsup:

Note the pic with the gray, narrow singletrack where it looks like someone has shovelled snow. The county has resurfaced the tread with a limestone like crusher fine composition, just like on Wild Turkey and the bottom of Picture Rock. Should be a good addition, as this section near the top bench is always muddy in the winter and spring after moisture.

Attachments

·
Registered
489 Posts
Thanks for the update. I think I'll head out there in an hour or so, when the kids are napping. At least it's sunny, but I gotta remember how to dress for this.

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
Looks spectaular. Woulda loved to if I wasn't on injured reserve.

·
Registered
9,183 Posts
Nice! The trails looked to be in decent riding shape- not even icy.

Tough wknd to get away or I would have made the drive up. Since my fitness level is falling like my 401K did, I better hit the gym at least.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
ignazjr said:
y'all gotta get uninjured so you can ride more :)
Why didn't I think of that? :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, its gonna be shorts weather before I'm ready. :madman:

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
Flyer said:
Nice! The trails looked to be in decent riding shape- not even icy.

Tough wknd to get away or I would have made the drive up. Since my fitness level is falling like my 401K did, I better hit the gym at least.
The pain cave is a whopping 2 blocks away and I still can't figure out how to get motivated to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts