Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to wait until I got her cleaned up but things have been a little dead around here the last couple days (and I need one more distraction to keep me from studying for finals) so I thought I'd put up some prelims.

She came in the brown truck yesterday and is really dusty but everything save the bearings and saddle seems to be in really good shape. This is my first 80's bike and I'm really digging it. The paint job especially. I'll post some better pictures once I get everything cleaned.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice, I agree on the paint....its so rad! Brings back memories....mostly bad! Where did you happen to find that?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I found it on the Wichita Craigslist for $200 (the best score thus far). As for the backwards rear skewer, its actually a road spacing skewer and doesn't fit unless the cap is backwards.

I was also wondering if anyone knew anything about the handlebar. The only other place I've ever seen Aerosports stuff is the seatpost on Martin Stenger's Slingshot in the Mountain Bike Action "Pro's Bikes" over on the Slingshot thread. Anyone know anything about the brand?

Also, the tubes are really weird. There is no innertube stem coming through the rims. Only a sticker over the hole that says "Fitted with NO-MOR-FLAT puncture proof innertube" The wheels also feel like they weigh about five pounds more than they should. And how the hell did they get air in the tube with no valve stem?

·
Registered
195 Posts
jacdykema said:
The wheels also feel like they weigh about five pounds more than they should. And how the hell did they get air in the tube with no valve stem?
There is no air in there! It's a squishy rubbery donut squeezed into the tire.

That is a really interesting bike. Congratulations on a nice score. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.