Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new fork and i am looking at these three. The fox and the marz are '07 and the manitou is '06. I will be doing downhill and freeride. I would appreciate any advice.

thanks

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
There was no 2006 Dorado. And I would pass. The fork was replaced by the Travis in 2006. You'll have a hard time finding parts for it. People were buying up entire lots of parts and extra forks to keep theirs running. It is buttery smooth, but requires fairly frequent maintenance to keep it that way.

I've got a 40rc2 on a Switch. Nice fork. Very adjustable. It floats, almost a dead feeling though.

I've never been a big fan of Marzocchi customer service, but the ride is pretty nice.

Not a Rockshox fan? The MoCo Boxxers are pretty sweet, much improved over hydracoil.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
the fork will go on my aniki (i know it sucks) untill i get a new bike (probably a versus trigger).

the dorado is an '05 model made in '06.

I was not sure about boxxers. I thought they were more for downhill that freeride. (just from what i had heard).

I like getting moderate feedback from my fork so the 40 might be a little strange (as long as it isn't too disconnected).

Thanks,

·
Registered
2 Posts
ok first of all both are over 1200$ so why not check out the 07 boxxers mang....light and are meant for racing...

can do a lil freeriding but probably no hucking im guessing...

i think that your best bet is a 07 boxxer race or team, or even the WC

G

·
rockHopper09 said:
I was not sure about boxxers. I thought they were more for downhill that freeride. (just from what i had heard).
A boxxer is no less freeride than a dorado....

·
MTBR Mafia
1,553 Posts
Mongiafer said:
Go tell Steve Romaniuk that boxxers are not for big huks and freeriding.

I want you know, that you know nothing!
While that may be true, he also gets new forks whenever he feels he needs one so its not fair to judge. Pros beating up equipment shows very little of what it will be like day in and day out for a long period of time

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
cdub said:
While that may be true, he also gets new forks whenever he feels he needs one so its not fair to judge. Pros beating up equipment shows very little of what it will be like day in and day out for a long period of time
why does he run a 2005 Boxxer WC?

·
Registered
10,093 Posts
I finally got a chance to spend a little time on my 07 888WC on the weekend and after a little bit of playing with the setup I could not believe how nice it was. A very capable fork, and I am pretty sure it is going to have the reliability that Marz is known for.

Yeah, their customer service *might* not be the greatest, but I have never really needed it either. FWIW the Marz guys are top notch whenever I see them at Whistler........

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Dorado forget

WC 888....is really really sweet fork...I have never had problems with Marzocchi CS....always top notch and they go beyond what they should for me....real good guys

the 40 is a good fork

If you hold out Marzochi got a new fork coming out that will be lighter then the 40....details will be introduced at Sea Otter.....it will take over the market

·
Registered
465 Posts
urbanfreerider666 said:
why does he run a 2005 Boxxer WC?
In the wishtler section of Roam he rides the 2005 wc but at the end he rides the white 06 wc, I don`t know if he has a fork sponsor.....But i think that for big hits like the ones he does you can´t trust on a air sprung, i mean..... your life depends of a fvking O-ring.

·
Me hates pinchflat
2,415 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
If you hold out Marzochi got a new fork coming out that will be lighter then the 40....details will be introduced at Sea Otter.....it will take over the market
Are you getting payed for this SMT??? :confused: :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.