Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
hmmmm
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had my '05 888RC for almost 2 years now (being poor, I bought it new on a clearance in '08). Though I haven't ridden much lately I figured it was about time to change the oil. I feel comfortable about taking it apart and all, my only question is about type of oil to use.

I am going to use 7.5 weight based on the reading I have done. is there a particular brand I should be picking up? ( I gather I should go to a moto shop rather than buy Marzocchi branded oil). Should I be looking out for a certain viscosity rating? anything else I should be concerned with?

any other tip's anyone has in general? (read the go-ride tips page so think I am pretty well prepared).

thanks!

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts

·
Professional Troll
2,753 Posts
Dalis12 said:
thanks for the info!

will that oil be readily available at a local shop you think? or should I just order it and wait for it?
You can get it at your local moto shop. Do NOT buy this stuff at bike shops, its the same stuff, just 10x as expensive.

·
hmmmm
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
called around to some moto shops and they either didn't have the fork fluid or only had it in 5wt or 10wt, so I just ordered it off rockymountain. since its supposed to rain for the next several days straight (15in total) i spose I don't mind waiting a couple days to get this done.

thanks for the help all!

·
hmmmm
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
essenmeinstuff said:
ps 50/50 mix of 5wt and 10wt gives you 7.5wt...

plus check the charts posted, one 10wt is not the same as another...
I know about the mix thing... just no shop had both5wt and 10wt, just either/or... I'm to lazy to do the 40ish mile round trip to go to multiple stores...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.