Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know an that there were a lot of threads like this.
I'm torn between them. All depends on their prices.
I can buy Fox 40 R 2014 for 900$ (new) but without warranty. Or for 1000-1100$ new 888 non ti or r2c2.
Also dorado is possible in 1100$ but i prefer coil forks.
What is best choice for me? I would like fork to work very smooth, and i know that 888 are like that. But know about newest 2014 models or these forks?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But what about 888 which had curved their lowers which manifested in clashed coating?
I heard rumors about that few times, where is true?
Is there something to be afraid? (sorry for my english i'm not native) :)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I've heard that the 2011-2013 marz 888s have lowers that would sometimes bend, but the 2014 has been redesigned. I don't know anyone using them yet, so we will have to wait to find out if they have fixed the problem.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I've never heard of the lowers bending. At that point, we should be worried about everything:

Boxxers are too flexy and need lots of maintenance.
Fox 40s pre 2014 are too stiff and need lots of maintenance.
DVO is too new so you should be scared and wait.
.....etc, etc...

Point is, if you look hard enough you'll find an issue with every fork. But I've never heard of someone bending their 2008 and up 888s.

·
My arm hurts a little
1,471 Posts
I've never heard of the lowers bending. At that point, we should be worried about everything:

Boxxers are too flexy and need lots of maintenance.
Fox 40s pre 2014 are too stiff and need lots of maintenance.
DVO is too new so you should be scared and wait.
.....etc, etc...

Point is, if you look hard enough you'll find an issue with every fork. But I've never heard of someone bending their 2008 and up 888s.
I snapped/cracked a 888 lower. I was just ridding along and all of a sudden.....

Lol I nosed cased a 30ft canyon gap and went otb. Lower cracked in half.

Marz gave me a brand new fork no charge.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
But what about warranty? if i buy it in USA, will I still have it in Europe?
Your warranty will be with Marzocchi USA, the European distributor(s) will tell you to contact them.

Marz USA are good people they have honoured US warranties for parts that have ended up in the UK for me in the past, but shipping for a warranty issue cand get expensive.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I second that. I was planning on keeping my 2011 888 with Avy cartridge for this season and then switch out to the Dorado Pro for next and go 27.5. After dealing with Marzo Canada in person not too long ago, I might end up with a 380 sooner than later.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The worst is that i can't try any of these forks before buying. I live far from any mountains, and i'm going to dh tracks at july.
I would like to have fork with work like 888 and with boxxers weight, but nothing is perfect :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Thanks to everyone for opinions :D
I hope i will have possibility to order new ones in next week.
I will post more about them after few rides :D
EDIT: I think finally i will stick to 888.
EDIT 2: I still wonder between the two ---> 2013 or 2014 model?
Should i pay 180$ more for 2014 NIB model? :>

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.