Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
My arm hurts a little
1,471 Posts
Air Supplier said:
I got the 06 888RC2X and there is a clicking noise at the beginning of the travel. Has any one else encountered this problem?
Nope!!! Got it about Two Weeks ago and have had no problems. Maybe it's the way its set up.

Does it do it every setting??

I'd put every Knob to the left and then start going up a click to the middle (about 7) and see if it goes away.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
take it to marzocchi..they will help you out.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
yes it was at the beginning :D :D , anyway, I checked the noise in mine yesterday and the noise seems to be almost dissappeared, maybe if you use it for a while, everything is placed properly and the noise fades away...

·
Super Fly
131 Posts
I had that problem once. It was the headset not being tight enough. When u bounce on it, the head set and steer tube has little play and thats what makes the noise. Try tightening the star nut/bolt on the stem.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
ka0t1c07 said:
I had that problem once. It was the headset not being tight enough. When u bounce on it, the head set and steer tube has little play and thats what makes the noise. Try tightening the star nut/bolt on the stem.
No, the noise the fork is doing is a "click" and the noise you are describing is a "clunk" :D :D loose headset is the first thing I check when a noise comes from the front of the bike

·
Bum Buzzer
1,992 Posts
Hmm... never heard that before.. cheesy..

On the 888's - usually not until they're broken in, but you will get a little click at beginning stroke or top out as the spring is a hair too small at the lowest preload setting after break in; I would have though they would have addressed in the 3rd year of production, but its not a performance issue (it IS an Annoyance issue). Alot of 888's do it -- you can open the fork and move the preload clips into the next spot and the click will go away! (If that is the same problem you are having)

clicky creaky stuff is sooooooo annoying!! Some dirtiness snuck into my BB Set (Mind you, the Bottom bracket is part of the frame, the bottom bracket SET is the spindle and bearings we stick in there) and creakaroony.. gotta clean and snug it up!

·
Registered
22 Posts
When you guys first got your rc2x during the break-in phase did the fork sound really really dry and sqeeky. At the momment, when compressing the fork it sounds like stuff is grinding on the inside.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.