Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
not really a noob
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have the legnth (in inches) from the bottom of the headtube to the center of the rear axle on a new 888. i am thinking of gettin one for me Gemini and i dont want to snap the headtube off and die.

·
not really a noob
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hardcore newbie said:
does anyone have the legnth (in inches) from the bottom of the headtube to the center of the rear axle on a new 888. i am thinking of gettin one for me Gemini and i dont want to snap the headtube off and die.
please say its 21 inches...

and i want to get a dhx 5.0 tooo

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
bamxbam said:
its 21 3/4 from the center of the front axle to the bottom of the steerer tube in its lowest position its not mounted so i cant give head tube meas
you can measure???? who calls who a drunkard

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
knollybikes.com said:
the 200mm 06 888 is about 575mm in AC length - I might be out by 5mm, but should be pretty close to bang on.

575mm is 22.64"

21 inches is the approx. AC length of 150mm travel forks.

Cheers!
Noel are the '06 888's shorter than '05's? I was told by Marz that the 05's were 592.

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
It possibly might be too long....I would reccomend buying a Junior T from Go-Ride and having the Go-Ride squad toss in a HSCV cartridge to make it a Super T. Thats the only Dual Crown fork I would buy.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
DWF said:
Noel are the '06 888's shorter than '05's? I was told by Marz that the 05's were 592.
Hey Don!

Yes, WAY shorter. I've been told by as much as 30mm (!) for the same length of travel. the 575-580mm AC measurement is one that I made of an '06 888 a few months ago.

There are no 170mm 888's being imported this year as far as I know, because the 200 mm forks have the same AC length as last year's 170mm 888s.

Same with the 66's as well, hence why I've heard that there are no 150mm 66's available. As always, that's just what I've heard - I'm sure the boys from Marzocchi can set all this straight!

Noel

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
knollybikes.com said:
Hey Don!

Yes, WAY shorter. I've been told by as much as 30mm (!) for the same length of travel. the 575-580mm AC measurement is one that I made of an '06 888 a few months ago.

There are no 170mm 888's being imported this year as far as I know, because the 200 mm forks have the same AC length as last year's 170mm 888s.

Same with the 66's as well, hence why I've heard that there are no 150mm 66's available. As always, that's just what I've heard - I'm sure the boys from Marzocchi can set all this straight!

Noel
Thanks Noel. I knew the 66s were shorter, didn't know the had 88's followed suit.

·
not really a noob
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i also like the Dorado's but their high matinance and expensive, Shives are too much for me i think (im 150 and not doing 30 footers yet), so that leaves it a a Fox 40, Marz 888, or Manitou travis 180. And what do you think the best rear shock for a gemini is?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.