Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Is flexy
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
888rc comp sleeve upgrade

So I'm looking for the compression sleeve upgrade i have heard about for the 888rc. Where can I get said sleeve? I've looked all over the internet and can't find it and my shop has no idea bout it. The other question I have is how difficult it is to install and what setting other suggest to eliminate brake dive and increase the small bump sensitivity for someone around 180lbs. Thanks.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
njhcx4xlife said:
So I'm looking for the compression sleeve upgrade i have heard about for the 888rc. Where can I get said sleeve? I've looked all over the internet and can't find it and my shop has no idea bout it. The other question I have is how difficult it is to install and what setting other suggest to eliminate brake dive and increase the small bump sensitivity for someone around 180lbs. Thanks.
Are you talking about the low speed adjuster? (http://www.go-ride.com/article_888_tuning.html) <-- scroll to the bottom.

You can order that part direct from Marzocchi.

_MK

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
No, he is looking for a compression sleeve

I did this upgrade on my 888RC and it really made the fork much better and will eliminate any brake dive depending on how you set it up. It is an easy upgrade. You can find the compression sleeve and well as step by step instructions on the Go-Ride.com website. At least they had it about a year ago. Make sure the compression sleeve is drilled correctly. The batch that Go-Ride had when I ordered mine were drilled incorrectly so Kris re-drilled it correctly before shipping it out to me. Hopefully they still have the sleeves. If not, you will have to order it directly from Marzocchi.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
My mistake

njhcx4xlife said:
aren't these both the same upgrade?
This is the same upgrade I was referring to. It's been over a year since I did the upgrade. I've always heard of this part as a compression sleeve but the name is Low Speed Compression Adjuster. These were included with any of the 888 Works forks and available as an aftermarket upgrade for standard 888R's and 888RC's from 2004-2005. I assume this was no longer an issue after the 2005 models since the internals changed.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
njhcx4xlife said:
...to eliminate brake dive and increase the small bump sensitivity ....
The above posters have steered you in the right direction to find the LS comp adj

BUT NOTHING is going to give you what you want, Small bump compliance is a factor of having very little low speed compression damping...this is also exactly what causes excessive movement like brake dive. The 888 (older ones) had very little damping, and generaly considered the plushest fork out there. This lack of damping is the reason the fork dives.

The sleeve will lessen dive, but you will need to find the comprimise that you want between small bump absorption and dive...you cannot maximize both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.