Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Pin It Ya Fairy!
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just recently purchased a Norco Team DH equipped with the new 2008 Marzocchi gear. I've tried using Marzocchi's website, I've tried searching forums and Google as well, but have not been able to find the information I've been looking for.

I am trying to find out where and what are all the adjustments are on the fork and the shock. This is my first full suspension and my first time trying to tune a fork and shock as well. I was trying to find images with labels to show me where the PAR and the SFA and ATA and whatnots are.

Everything is telling me to put this amount of pressure in that and this amount in there, but it's hard to do that when I don't know where this and that are.

Since I am asking where all the adjustments are, I might as well ask for baseline suspension tune as well. I am about 170lbs with gear and I like to ride DH style. I've tried finding numbers that would work for me, but it's all very confusing getting various information from here and there.

Sorry for any trouble and thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

PS: This is for help for both the 888 ATA WC and Roco WC in case anyone forgets.

700 Posts
Sick ride!!!

SasquatchK said:
Hello,

I just recently purchased a Norco Team DH equipped with the new 2008 Marzocchi gear. I've tried using Marzocchi's website, I've tried searching forums and Google as well, but have not been able to find the information I've been looking for.

I am trying to find out where and what are all the adjustments are on the fork and the shock. This is my first full suspension and my first time trying to tune a fork and shock as well. I was trying to find images with labels to show me where the PAR and the SFA and ATA and whatnots are.

Everything is telling me to put this amount of pressure in that and this amount in there, but it's hard to do that when I don't know where this and that are.

Since I am asking where all the adjustments are, I might as well ask for baseline suspension tune as well. I am about 170lbs with gear and I like to ride DH style. I've tried finding numbers that would work for me, but it's all very confusing getting various information from here and there.

Sorry for any trouble and thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

PS: This is for help for both the 888 ATA WC and Roco WC in case anyone forgets.
I had the chance to ride that bike a few months ago, beautiful ride!!!

So here's what I got.

ATA air pressures - PAR = is located at the bottom of the fork leg. It should be adjusted first. A good baseline setting for it is 120psi. Set it first. Even better, let the air out of the top air valve on that side first (located under the travel adjust cap). Now, set your beginning pressure via the top air valve. It seems that the pressure can vary a lot depending on your taste. I personally think that lower pressures are better than higher pressure in this case. Start at 45-50psi. If you think it's too soft, add 5 psi and go again. We have guys here that run 90-100psi. I don't like that but that's just me.

Once you have those close via sag (25-35% of the total stroke, 200mm = 50-70mm when you sit or stand on the bike) and personal perferences have set your rebound. Rebound is again a personal thing. I have found that ATA forks have more open/faster settings. Try somewhere around 15-20 clicks from full closed (righty tighty=slow or until it stops turning), again it depends on the conditions and rider perference.

Lastly, compression damping. I would recommend you leave this open for the first few days so you can really get a handle on what your fork can do and the rides you are doing. It is located on the bottom of the left leg. (lefty loosy= less compression damping).

I hope this helps.

·
Pin It Ya Fairy!
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks, that was very helpful.

Just want to make sure, but the ATA Air Pressure/PAR is under the right leg correct?

So I let the air out of the valve on the right leg at the top and set the pressure to 45-50psi or so, then set my PAR on the bottom of the right leg at 120psi and then play with rebound.

What does the compression damping control?

I typically ride Whistler, possibly a little bit of The Shore as well. I am working on A-Line/Dirt Merchant so a suspension setting that doesn't buck me around would be nice. Don't mind if it sucks up the lip and make it hard to get a lot of pop. I generally like to ride the more DH oriented trails.

Oh yeah, what can I do about the Roco WC as well?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.