Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
That’s no moon.
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just got a smoking deal on a reba race fork for my dos niner. (the 85/100/115mm version) It's set currently at 100mm. I'm getting some spacers to take it down to 85. Does anyone here have the 85mm reba on their dos niner? I know it's probably not much of a difference in handling, but just wondering out loud. Will probably reduce the negative air pressure and give it a little bit more sag to compensate. Anyone have this fork and can comment?
Thanks,
Tom

·
That’s no moon.
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks guys.
I was a little bummed because the seller listed the fork as 80/100mm, and set at 80. But after closer inspection when installing, I realized that it was the 85/100/115 version. Nice fork though, hardly used. He's sending me the spacers required to reduce the travel, plus a remote lockout. I just hope the fork is not harsh somehow when set at 85 (ie, not it's optimal setting)

Thanks again...

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
There is no 85/100/115 version of the Reba for 29ers. 09 Rebas are 80/100/120, however I believe you are reading the decal on an 07/08 version. All models, 26 or 29 received the same decal, so 29er forks do say that on them, even though they are only capable of 80 or 100 for that model.

That being said, the Dos Niner is designed for 80mm of travel.

Ride and Smile!
Tim, Salsa Crew

·
That’s no moon.
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, really?

Weird. It is an 08 fork. The decal does read 100/115mm. It seems so tall on the bike though. Way taller than my Cromoto Grande fork. Do you happen to know what the axle to crown measurement should be when set to 80mm? Right now it is around 515mm measured straight up the fork from the center of the axle to the headset.

BTW, thanks to Steve @ Salsa for quickly answering my e-mail question...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.