Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Neo-Retro Forever
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...so now I think I officially have a problem...

Besides the Waterford Buell suspension bike I'm courting currently, I have also just today finalized a screaming deal on a near-mint 1985 Ritchey Ascent...

Now this is where you fine folks come in...any and all help in locating the original parts for this bike (I've found lists, but need the parts themselves) as it has a complete (and I mean complete) 1987 XT grouppo on it...U-Brake and all...again...all in near-mint condition...

So...anyone out there with some old Deer head derailleurs, friction shifters, Alloy Bull Moose handlebars in black, etc...?

I'll post pics as soon as I get it dusted off...

Also, if anyone has any info on whether this is a USA-made frame, or from overseas, that would be cool, as well as any additional info I you may feel that I need. it's my first EVER Ritchey, and I'm pretty excited!

Again...Pics to come, and I'll keep you all posted on the Waterford...

Now, if I could just stop all this drooling...

Richard

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
richieb said:
Also, if anyone has any info on whether this is a USA-made frame, or from overseas, that would be cool, as well as any additional info I you may feel that I need. it's my first EVER Ritchey, and I'm pretty excited!{/QUOTE]

Congrats! '85 was the first year for the Ascent. It was designed by Tom, but built overseas.

More info here:
http://www.oldmountainbikes.com/catalogs/ritchey/1985/index.html

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bullmoose Bars

I have a set of the bars from an 85' Ascent. The bike is gone, and I will never use the bars.
They have been cut down in width to 22". It may take me a while to find but I do remember seeing the shifters in a box a while back. It was a great bike, I wish I still had it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.