Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Schipperkes are cool.
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Called "C Frame" which could be either a Competition or an Annapurna. Cantis on the seat stays, beauty rings, bi-plane fork with LD stem, cartridge bearing BB, ovalized seat tube @ bb shell, short horz front facing dropouts that may be Suntour (not mine yet so I can't really scrape the paint away). Turned into a single speed cruiser.
Now the weirdness is that someone paid to have a black sparkly paint job on in the '86? 89? Anyone know the sprayer?

Today has been a fun day at the shop:
1. Schwinn Sierra, pre-index black chrome all OEM down to the white right dropout "Schw App GIANT" sticker.
2. 1985 Fat Chance 24/26 "womens specific" from the original owner, used to have Powercam rear brake and Dearhead rear derailleur. Has the brake levers mouted upsidedown so the Shimano reversable spool shifters have to be angled back & downwards.
3. Montagna SIX mixte frame with welded on "Shark fin" with Suntour XC Sport kit rolling on OEM tires

·
Schipperkes are cool.
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
short horz front facing dropouts that may be Suntour (not mine yet so I can't really scrape the paint away).
Suntour Pro dropouts, red primer and the correct S# is 21C14

:thumbsup:

·
Schipperkes are cool.
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Under drive side BB metal tiny cable guide & the front derailleur has a housing stop & the frame has a down tube housing stop.

This thing cleaned up sparkles like a disco ball at Studio 54!

·
Schipperkes are cool.
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's a long top tube for a Ritchey. Custom?

What's the deal? In for repair? A pick-up?
I do not know if it's custom or not.

Trying to find out any history on the painter.

Per the Ritchey serial number page, this sparkly thing could be a Competition, but here is the bike that is 3 frames newer Old Mountain Bikes: Bike Listing and it's an Annapurna. All the close numbered frames have bi-plane forks yet bullmoose bars.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Ha, I crack myself up. So fricken innocent in the post above. The lost sleep, weeks of Top Ramen to afford one little part off the bay. Just Walk Away!

All this for a bike with a kickstand.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.