Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put an 80mm Black fork on my bike. It has the one click lever which changes it from travel to lock out. However, it seems now that unless I position the cable in a weird way, the lockout will not engage. If it faces outward, it doesn't work, turn it around so it faces in and it does. Has anyone else had this problem or know what to do to fix it? Or is this a warranty issue?
Thanks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just got a Skareb Super with Remote Lockout, too. The remote lockout is the cheesiest piece of engineering I've EVER seen on a mountain bike component. Mine kept getting stuck on permanent lockout. Luckily, Manitou's warranting it with the top-mounted lockout.

Anyway, for your problem, there's a barrel adjuster on the cable. Try letting it out some (tighten the cable). It should be easier to lockout.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FixThatBike said:
I just got a Skareb Super with Remote Lockout, too. The remote lockout is the cheesiest piece of engineering I've EVER seen on a mountain bike component. Mine kept getting stuck on permanent lockout. Luckily, Manitou's warranting it with the top-mounted lockout.

Anyway, for your problem, there's a barrel adjuster on the cable. Try letting it out some (tighten the cable). It should be easier to lockout.
Thanks, I am going to try your suggestion in the meantime. I also emailed the techs there at Manitou and they said they are aware of this problem in this model. They are sending me the crown mounted lock out until they get their new and improved click-it switches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.