Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 GT Psyclone (853 Steel...Sweeet!) that I've rebuilt with SRAM XO and Shimano XT. I need to replace my Manitou SX Ti fork with another 80mm fork, my geometry won't let me go any longer. Any suggestions on a light, reliable, no frills fork which accepts my Avid juicy V-brakes? I'm looking at a used Fox F80 RLT. I mainly use this bike for long hill climbs so a long travel isn't necessary. My FS bike has a Fox 100X with TerraLogic which has been very good. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Haro Sonix LT VL120
813 Posts
The Rock Shox Reba is an awesome fork too and I've heard great things about the Manitou R7but I don't think you can get the R7 in 80mm. Do you know how much you want too spend? Did you try putting a 100mm fork on there? I had one on my mid-90's Trek 930 cro-Moly ht and it worked pretty well. I understand though that you don't want alot of suspnsio for climbing. Also if you're not worried about weight too much check out the Rock Shox Tora in 80mm.

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.