Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am searching for a new xc hard tail frame. I currently have a Rocky Mountian fusion hardtail with a 80mm sid team fork. Do I need to find a frame designed for a 80mm fork? Does it matter if it was a frame that normally comes with a 100mm fork if you bought it as a complete bike? Or does it just not matter. If you can't tell..I'm a bit confused.

·
Registered
71 Posts
G'day mate just noticed your thread.
I just bought a frame off ebay from (WDCyclestore) and found the price and quality hard to beat.
I paid $860 for a 1030 gram frame thats not a cheap copy.
Just thought you might be interested, here's a few pic's.
My bike's a unusual setup but its a 26er mtb frame. :D

·
not really an mtbr member
640 Posts
^I fail to see how that post is anything but spam.

And 20mm one way or the another shouldn't hurt; I would try to find a frame designed for an 80mm fork though, if you stick it on a frame designed for 100mm it's gonna be super twitchy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The JBC frame pictured above is designed for 440 to 450mm axle to crown fork but is running a 410mm.
Its obviously used more onroad but the lenght and weight loss has only been fantastic to handling.
Someone also needs to tell me how much suspention travel a 440mm fork would have ?

·
Rock and/or Roll
489 Posts
jbchybridrider said:
The JBC frame pictured above is designed for 440 to 450mm axle to crown fork but is running a 410mm.
Its obviously used more onroad but the lenght and weight loss has only been fantastic to handling.
Someone also needs to tell me how much suspention travel a 440mm fork would have ?
With sag figured in, it would be for an 80mm fork. Adding a 100mm fork wouldn't change it a whole lot either, but I prefer the shorter travel fork on a XC hardtail.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm now in the same situation. I'm looking to buy a hardtail frame to put a sid 80mm fork on. I notice the newer trend from frame designers is the curved down tube. I'm thinking this is for improved strength and to accommodate 100-120mm forks. So i bet I should look for a 2000-2005 model frame to rebuild. Thoughts?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Also What is a "Zero Stack Headset"?

and how does a Zero Stack Headset differ than a regular threadless 1 1/8 "ahead" set?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.