Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Hot!

I think my next fork is going to be the DC Travis or a DH40.... :drool:

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
dandurston said:
Well for 2006 the 66 isn't going to be using the same lowers as the 888 and thus will be 40mm lower A-C.
If that is true then in 150mm mode it will be 3mm shorter (535mm vs. 538mm) than the current Z1 150mm forks?:confused:

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
I think manitou's philosphy to compete with marzocchi is as follows;

"We'll make it bigger and better, and then later on we'll try to figure out if it has a purpose..."

·
Registered
404 Posts
There's always going to be Leaders & Followers.
I'll stick with Marzocchi.

Plus I'm begining to wonder where the limit of a single crown fork ends at.
8" puts a lot of torque on the single crown. Thats a whole lot of leverage.to handle. I wonder how long befor the stancions start ripping right out???

·
hands up who wants to die
1,405 Posts
They're not doing it for looks. It helps achieve a lower overall fork height while still having long springs and good bushing overlap.
Most riders think those are good things...

-rob in NY

Red Bull said:
I hate how the lowers go beneath the axle. It looks retarted...

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
rpet said:
They're not doing it for looks. It helps achieve a lower overall fork height while still having long springs and good bushing overlap.
Most riders think those are good things...

-rob in NY
Oh, i completely understand why they do it, it just looks terrible. Like on the old X-Verts...

·
New project, TBA shortly
1,024 Posts
Red Bull said:
Oh, i completely understand why they do it, it just looks terrible. Like on the old X-Verts...
yeah, looks horrible whenever its done... :rolleyes:

actually, I wish they'd do this more often, it'd keep the axle to crown heights more reasonable. function before form.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haromtnbiker said:
Its a 1.5 steerer tube, and that new M3 has a 1.5 ht! :)
that's a custom made M3 for manitou... but who knows if it'll be an option.

anyways, i'd rather have an '06 66 now that they'll have a reasonable AC height... that'l probably be my next fork, either that or the vanilla 36... 160mm travel, coil sprung 36, R or RC2 versions but i'm guessing it'll be too much $$$ compared to the 66. and now that marz will be making SL and light versions, so they'll be options for everyone.

the 888 should be getting the same lowers too; well, if they don't it's sofa king retarded.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
dante said:
yeah, looks horrible whenever its done... :rolleyes:

actually, I wish they'd do this more often, it'd keep the axle to crown heights more reasonable. function before form.
And Monsters look like **** too. Its nice when they get things to look aestheticly pleasing while being completely functinal. :rolleyes:

·
Renegade of Krunk
604 Posts
It looks cool, but I'm with freeriderizzle on how much travel is really too much for a SC fork..I' d stick with the 66RC if I had a bike to put it on.

Who knows though, we'll have to wait and see how the new Manitou SC does.

·
Light, Strong and Long
194 Posts
holy $%#@!

That fork is crazy. I'm now interested to see if fox will come out with something to contend with that. Like a 6.5 or 7 inch version of their 36. that would be sick.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.