Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had the opportunity to demo a 09 5 spot for eight days. ( approximately 20 hours of ride time.) Some back ground first. I have owned and ridden the wheels off of various Turners for about 10 years. I currently ride a tnt 5 spot w/ push rockers. Most of my riding is western CO. , Moab and our annual Christmas trip to AZ. I thought I would share some thoughts on the DW Spot.

Stuff I liked ....
1. It rides like a Turner. I got on it and rode w/ out having to ( get used to it ). 2. Climbs like a goat ! no squat, no bob and GOBS of traction.
3. When I had to stand and climb or sprint it felt far more efficient .
4. Seated climbing and hammering on flats felt smooth and fast! 5. The steering was seriously like it was on rails. It inspires confidence to push hard in the courners. 6. Very fun bike on the downs as well but most of the diff I felt from mine was on flats and climbing.

Stuff I did not like......
1. The black subframe does not look near as sexy as the polished. 2. I had to give it back to David :madman:

In summary I would love to throw down for a DW spot or flux but with four other bikes in my stable it could put some major strain on the marriage. Props to DT for the hook up and the guys at Cactus Bikes for use of the shop.

Attachments

·
~~~
2,039 Posts
tg said:
In summary I would love to throw down for a DW spot or flux but with four other bikes in my stable it could put some major strain on the marriage. Props to DT for the hook up and the guys at Cactus Bikes for use of the shop.
Yep. I hear ya on that one. I had a chance to demo an Ibis Mojo, which I really liked. Even though I can't justify throwin down for a DW Turner right now, I KNOW there will be one in my stable some time down the road.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
moosehead said:
how'd you manage to score an 8 day run on a new dwl horse?
Combination of events went down prior to my trip that are to boring to share. Mostly though, DT was kind enough to bro me :thumbsup: I dig his bikes and it is so cool that he and his guys care about the people who ride them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.