Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I wonder if this is a problem or a bad thing to do
I know that 8.5x2.5 is oem on a bullit(07/08) but I think of buying a other shox and I heard that it's possible to go from 179mm rear travel to 195mm with the bullit
I will ride the bike with a 888 ata 2009 at the front
I like the natural feeling of the bullit and don't want to mesh it up to go for bigge rear travel

so I need you help please
I now a good vivid 5.1 in size 8.75x2.75 for a normal price:thumbsup:

thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Swingarm and a triangle will rest, because the distance e2e is strongly big. The stroke is more than 2.5 too is incompatible - the wheel will rub a frame.

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
rhombl4 said:
Swingarm and a triangle will rest, because the distance e2e is strongly big. The stroke is more than 2.5 too is incompatible - the wheel will rub a frame.
So, you know this because you've done this conversion or saw it done by a close friend? The previous '99-'05 Bullit would take every size shock from 7.5 X 2.0 to 9.0 X 3.0 with some careful mounting, so one can't dismiss shock options on a simple single pivot bike just out of hand. Give us some more info. Did you actually see or know for a fact that an 8.75 shock won't fit the newer Bullit?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took from friend DHX 8.75х2.75 to try compatibility. The gap(swingarm-frame) was less than 1 millimetre after installation of this shock. After short riding a paint in this place has a small damages.

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
rhombl4 said:
I took from friend DHX 8.75х2.75 to try compatibility. The gap(swingarm-frame) was less than 1 millimetre after installation of this shock. After short riding a paint in this place has a small damages.
Good...that's the kind of detail we need. Kharkov?...Russia, I presume? What's the riding like there? Got any pics?

·
one love
32 Posts
rhombl4 said:
Thanks for the info, I wanted to put a 8.75 e2e on my 08......guess i wont be doing so.

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
divere said:
santa cruz told me not to do it
Unfortunately you can't go by that alone. SC has consistently said not to do this or that mod or change in shock size, and then occasionally came out with a model that had that very mod. Any manufacturer pretty much has to make those statements in most cases just out of liability issues alone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts