Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title sugest and after many opinion readings and suggestion i want to know if i can put longer travel shock on stinky 05. The point is, on hard jumps the coil compreses to the bottom and i hear that nasty sound of the coil (metal on metal) . If i stiffen the coil it becomes harder and thst bounce' feel that i dont like. Its a DHX 3.. the spring its 550 2.80, i weight 157, should i buy a dhx 4 or 5 .. or sometingh longer, i mesure it up and i can beraly fit 8.75. Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, if i stiff the spring.. the sock hardly compress's, on small bumps that plush feel goes away...a shock 8.5 with compression control will make any difference ? or i have to get used to the idea that I can t put a longer shock for extra compression....... :(

550 is not stiffer enough ?

·
Registered
450 Posts
maybe send the shock for tuning? you could also try adding air to the piggy back and screwing around with the adjuster there, i believe that it controls bottom out resistance so maybe give that a fiddle? i dont think adding a longer shock will help, only mess up the geo, you'll have to run more sag to retain same geo, which means less stiff spring which will still blow through travel (as it is softer)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts