Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I would love to see that place developed into a major MTB destination. There's a ton of potential on that large property. If they cleaned up the three current trails and added three more that would be amazing. I know my boys and I would be there a great deal if that happened.

·
Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
1,214 Posts
Ditto that. I had a blast up there, but would love some more trail options.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I hope they continue to expand the trails there, but they need to do more than that. The hours are crap, and most of the time they don't even open up when they are supposed to. The entire resort staff is awfully lax, and doesn't really seem to care about their customers. Don't even get me started on the food, next time I go I'll bring my own food

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
rollertoaster said:
I hope they continue to expand the trails there, but they need to do more than that. The hours are crap, and most of the time they don't even open up when they are supposed to. The entire resort staff is awfully lax, and doesn't really seem to care about their customers. Don't even get me started on the food, next time I go I'll bring my own food
Agreed on all points 100%. I didn't know they even offered food! Plus, my last ride there for a the season was marked by getting crap from the resort staff because there was another event going on that they obviously thought was more important than my business.

·
Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
1,214 Posts
dascro said:
Agreed on all points 100%. I didn't know they even offered food! Plus, my last ride there for a the season was marked by getting crap from the resort staff because there was another event going on that they obviously thought was more important than my business.
Are you referring to AutumnFest?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I think it was food and wine fest? I think i posted the whole story on here a few months ago. But to sum it up they seemed to treat bikers like second class citizens. The resort didn't have their $hit together and made it very inconvienent for those biking. It was a huge mess and left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

·
Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
1,214 Posts
Ok. I was up there on closing weekend while AutumnFest was being held. It did seem like things could be set up better for bikers.

Love the avatar, I have AFC championship tickets-hope I get to use them!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was there during Autumn Fest as well and while the lift line was rather long they did a great job of getting the DHers up there quickly. They can call me names and spit on me for all I care as long as they add a few more trails, keep up on the maintenance and run the lifts effeiciently.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm also waiting to see if they step it up, I live 40 minutes away so if they start adding trails
I'll get a season pass and spend the weekends riding there, if not I'll split time between
7 springs, Wisp, and Snowshoe.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Donkey, most major bookstores carry Decline. From reading the article, it's obvious that 7Springs flew the writers in and gave them the royal treatment (front rows seats for a Nugent concert, lots of ancillary activities, etc.). Not surprisingly, 7Springs was given a glowing review. Not that 7Springs is undeserving of praise, but the article made it sound like Whistler.

They will have a tough time ever competing with Snowshoe due to the lack of vertical.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.