Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie with 2006 7point7 and have several suspension set-up questions.

Marzoccchi 66 RC2X Questions.

1. Is air used to set pre-load or spring weight (currently 0 PSI)?
2. How is Sag set (air/oil/spring/combination)?
3. Given the above, what air/spring settings should I use for my weight at 190lbs.
4. What settings have others of my weight found to work (Free Riding w/6' max drops and want a stable (responsive) ride at speeds up to 20mph in hardpack (Idaho) conditions.

FOX DHX 5.0 Coil
1. Current spring is a 300lb and seems to soft? What is the correct spring weight for me?
2. What is the air settings used for (assume spring is used to set Sag)?
3. What settings have others om my weight found to work (Free Riding w/6' max drops and want a stable (responsive) ride at up to 20mph in hardpack (Idaho) conditions.

Any other items regarding bike set-up would be greatly appreciated as I'm not sure what additional questions should be asked.

Thank you in advance.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Very good but how about the ROCO? Still new on the bike but where are the setting for this shock? How many clicks into the rebound and compression is optimal? Still not confident that the settings I'm running are dialed.

Another Question: Is Marazocchi USA equipped to change the compression setting for this shock... DW tune? Go-ride wasn't sure.

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
I think if you are running ANY compression damping, it's too much. But a bunch of 7pointers run the Roco, they must have some extra info...

SoCal boys? Roco setup info? Beuller?

JMH

wyrm said:
How many clicks into the rebound and compression is optimal?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.