Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the Roco is too new for the market for many riders to have had real riding time on it, but does anyone know how it will work with the 7point frame? I may have the opportunity to pick one up and I'm wondering how this particular shock will work with the dw-link. Will it also need a re-valve for optimal performance? I know that Progreesive does dw-link specific re-tunes and I think that I read that Fox can also do a Sunday/7point tune, but what about Marzocchi? (I'm gonna give them a call about this, too.) Are they "in" on the valving requirements for dw-links? Sorry for all the questions - I just want the necessary info before I pull the trigger and order one and I believe that other riders may also be curious about these questions.

toby

·
carpe mañana
7,293 Posts
in the trees said:
I know that the Roco is too new for the market for many riders to have had real riding time on it, but does anyone know how it will work with the 7point frame? I may have the opportunity to pick one up and I'm wondering how this particular shock will work with the dw-link. Will it also need a re-valve for optimal performance? I know that Progreesive does dw-link specific re-tunes and I think that I read that Fox can also do a Sunday/7point tune, but what about Marzocchi? (I'm gonna give them a call about this, too.) Are they "in" on the valving requirements for dw-links? Sorry for all the questions - I just want the necessary info before I pull the trigger and order one and I believe that other riders may also be curious about these questions.

toby
The issue DW-Link has with most rear shocks out there is the platform as the design works best without any. Progressive reduces the platform by 66% (their minimum) for DW. ROCO has no platform so if anything, it ought to be pretty perfect for the linkage.

_MK

·
Still on Training Wheels!
1,107 Posts
^^^^^^ He just summed it up right there! Should work great. ^^^^^^

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marzocchi is claiming that the rear shocks won't be available until mid-January. I guess we'll find out then.

toby

1 - 4 of 4 Posts