Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with the Sam Hill Lite knee pad? I learned in an NSMB online review that the pad is removable from the regular Sam Hill. Curious if that is the case with the Lite version too? I don't think I need/want the extra side protection, but I do want to be sure that the pad protects well above the knee cap to protect from strikes on the stem/handlebar. It does look like the regular version would do this well.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
The 7idp Sam hill is the same pad as the 7idp Transition pad, but with the side padding added. Looking at the Sam hill Lite... it looks like a Transition, but with a different sleeve material? The Sam Hill lite, and transition look very, very similar to me.

I've got the normal Sam Hill pads, and have been very happy with them. I've smacked my knees on the top tube a few times, and without the pads, it would have been very painful.

The Sam Hill has a removeable main pad for washing. I imagine the Transition would be the same (as they literally say its the same thing, but with added padding). And I'd guess that the Sam Hill lite would be the same way. I'm sure you could email them to find out though.

Good luck making a decision :).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.