Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building up a new ride and have some XTR disk brakes vs. new Fox Talas fork...so I need to do an adapter from 74 post mount on the fork to 51mm IS on the caliper? Current rotors are 160mm.

Found an adapter on JensonUSA (Front 74mm mount, 170mm rotor, 51 mm CLPR)? Item# BR407Z47 - Would this be the part I need and would it come with a 170mm center lock shimano rotor? Yea, I'll call them tomorrow but wondering if anyone has gone thru this.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/BR407Z47-Shimano+Fork+Disc+Brake+Adapters.aspx

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
Yes, if your XTR caliper is a 51mm IS, you'll need the adapter you identified to make it work with a 74mm Post Mount fork.

That price is criminal! But it appears to be the going rate on other websites. Unfortunately, you're on the hook for the rotor (I'm pretty sure -- the other adapters don't come with rotors, though they're all quite a bit cheaper).

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.