Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new frame and it's a 73mm BSA and Boost rear. If I run a regular set of cranks say Shimano XT for regular 73mm BSA, chainline should be alright with Boost? I'm not too familiar with all these new standards. Just know that when I was running 12X150mm on DH bikes i'd run an 83mm BSA... Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
if it (the chainring) clears it will be better than alright.... the non boost front ring chain line is improved if the casette is relatively further out. (by design it favours the chain sitting more towards the smaller cogs).

the problem would only be if the chainring does not clear the chain stay or a swing arm...which seems to be generally unlikely to happen, unless you run bigger than average (32?) tooth rings.

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if it (the chainring) clears it will be better than alright.... the non boost front ring chain line is improved if the casette is relatively further out. (by design it favours the chain sitting more towards the smaller cogs).

the problem would only be if the chainring does not clear the chain stay or a swing arm...which seems to be generally unlikely to happen, unless you run bigger than average (32?) tooth rings.
Sick! Thanks!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.