Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would come to the gurus for some help/advice. There is a specific frame that I am considering building up as a SS. However, I'm hesitant to purchase the frame due to the fact that it has the vertical dropouts. I have no desire to use a chain tensioner as I prefer the clean look. Also, I have looked at the ENO hub, but do not like the idea that I would frequently have to adjust the brake pads. My question is, does anyone know of an EBB that will work on a frame with a 73mm BB? I've been trying to research it and I am really starting to confuse myself. Thanks in advance for the help. (P.S. I already tried looking through the SS FAQ)

·
Registered
177 Posts
To use the Forward Components ebb you would need to get the frames bottom bracket shell faced to 68mm.

I have the White Industries eccentric hub. I have about 1000 mile on it, and it has worked perfectly so I dont have any complaints. It is really not that big of a deal to adjust the brake, On the rare chance that you need to. Also the WI free wheel has really fast engagement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.