Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I was wondering if it is even worth it to replace a 70mm fork that came with my new bike... I mean how much can this fork really do? It feels fine going though some rugged stuff, but when it starts to get speedy and rocky, I feel like it may not hold up.

Any good fork recommendations that are comparable and can I get one that is 100mm (I guess that is my main question) would be appreciated, as I know squat about forks.
I do know I want a coil one and not air.

Thx.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've had an InSync Spinner Grind 323 fork about 5 years ago. It simply sucks. A little off-road and it gets dirty inside, and stops working.
If you change the fork, you'll notice a HUGE difference.

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
My wife's bike had an Insync (Spinner) that was horrible. She likes to do mild off-road (ie forest service roads, fire lanes) and it still sucked...and she complained. I got a used 2001 Judy SL for a set of tires from a buddy...painted the lowers to match the bike (this is important according to my wife), and put some fresh oil in it. Now she enjoys riding much more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.