Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been able to upload my rides into motionbased but I can not get rides from the trail network to my 705. I have downloaded mb agent but I keep getting messeges that my DEVICE IS NOT DETECTED.....Please help...I really need some baby talk instructions on how to get rides onto my device.. thanks

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Make sure

You are plugging your Garmin into the same usb port as when you installed the software. My computer does not detect my device otherwise. Its kind of a process to get anything into a GPS. You have to just mess around with it and try lots of things until you learn how to do it. The MB agent is for uploading files to motionbased not downloading them to your GPS. Just download the .CRS file from motionbased and then import it into your Garmin Training Center, and then to your device.

I really hope future versions of Training Center will have the ability to convert files between all the formats, and make the downloading and following of courses more user friendly.

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
brodie1977 said:
I have been able to upload my rides into motionbased but I can not get rides from the trail network to my 705. I have downloaded mb agent but I keep getting messeges that my DEVICE IS NOT DETECTED.....Please help...I really need some baby talk instructions on how to get rides onto my device.. thanks
As I understand from other threads here, the 705 does not use the the old Garmin USB interface that MB agent uses, but is a plain drive. You should be able to download the file from motionbased directly to the appropriate folder on the 705 via drag and drop.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=478247 where that question was answered just a few days back.

·
GeoMan
1,706 Posts
slocaus said:
As I understand from other threads here, the 705 does not use the the old Garmin USB interface that MB agent uses, but is a plain drive. You should be able to download the file from motionbased directly to the appropriate folder on the 705 via drag and drop.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=478247 where that question was answered just a few days back.
Correct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.