Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dare I ask if anyone has received their copy of 700see from Matt Chester?

(Don't mean to start a huge discussion....just wondering, as I haven't received mine yet here in Philly).

-Ginz

·
those are Rollercams...
1,894 Posts
nubber said:
It could be worse. I gave him over $2,500 almost 3 years ago for a frame. I still have nothing to show for it - and have given up cycling because of it.
Agreed, the constant string of apologies that were offered on his website for failing to meet committments and obligations grew tiresome after a while. I think you're entitled to a frame or a refund, ASAP.

Let the arrows fly.

·
Registered
35 Posts
endure26 said:
3-years? I never got the impression he was that far behind. I haven't seen a frame I'd be willing to pay for in advance and then wait 3-years. Don't care how much of an artisan, craftsman, talent, anyone is - that's just not right.
I don't think everybody is waiting that long - it seems to depend on what you've ordered.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Long wait times

I feel your pain. It took a long time to get my frame from Matt and I ended up having to buy another bike go keep riding in the meantime. On the upside, the Midge bar came out during the wait so I was able to change my order to a drop-bar rig. The bike was totally worth the wait.

I read in Popular Mechanics that Richard Sachs has a 52-month wait list, so Matt's not the only one with long lead times. The communication and management of expectations could be better, but Matt does build a great frame.

·
Fahrrad fahren
305 Posts
as of 9/20

singlespeedinca said:
I hate to revive this painful thread, but I am curious to know if anything ever materialized.

700see seems dead in the water as far as I can tell. What's the problem?
As of 9/20 it looks like he is still planning to get them out:

http://mattchester.livejournal.com/

I'm on the list, so I'm just trying to be patient.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm on there too. It was only, what, $4? So, I'm not going to get stressed about it; I got more than $4 worth of reading out of his blog. In fact, I might even send off my order and payment for numbers 2 and 3.

·
No Justice = No Peace
1,512 Posts
Specialized grips.

I think you have your grips on backwards. I use thise same grips on my Bontrager, and I think the grey area is meant to face backward where the heel of your hand would rest on it. I could be wrong, and it probably doesn't matter, but..... you know.......

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.