Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me..

On the first overlook on Gooseberry... The trail itself did not have a lot of climbing but it did have a lot of very tight turns with steep-short ups and downs which made it very technical (way more techie than Porc Rim, or Slickrock).

Attachments

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My friend-rocknroll barbie, my doggie-Lua and myself decided to get away from this crap for a couple of days riding in sun and warm weather. It was about a 9 hour drive to Hurricane, UT. Saturday was gorgeous (screwed around Gooseberry Mesa for almost 4 hours), Sunday- not as beautiful as Saturday but the sun was still out. We did Slickrock Swamp, Goulds-Jem-China Wash and Hurricane Rim (ended up riding for 4+ hours, all on singletrack except for the 15 minute fireroad climb to the trailhead)... Enjoy the pics...

RRB at the top of Gooseberry, right at the edge of what looked like a 1000 foot sheer cliff...

Attachments

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RRB on the South Rim of Gooseberry

This is where the fun started.... A couple of miles of the South Rim had substantial exposure . There were some steep techie drops relatively close to the edge of the rim which made it very interesting...

Attachments

·
Banned
3,224 Posts
Lucky Dog!

flipnidaho said:
They do a good job with trail signage. This is on Hurricane Rim.
Good to see some pics of warmers climes and good trails and friends.

So, Flip, that is what you meant when you said you were "working" this week

ahhhh :cool:

·
Registered
970 Posts
nice flip...i should have done what you did this weekend..

what a boring 3-day weekend....except for christmas eve of course zebdi.

why didn't i think of doing something like this?

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next year

i think I'm moving to Tucson, AZ for a couple of months in winter. I'm so done with this weather...

St. George and Hurricane was great. I was surprised that it was less than 9 hours away (about the same distance as Moab/Fruita) and that was with dog, gas and food stops!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Ahhh the life of flip...girls, mountain biking, and wintering in AZ. Jealous. Really friggin' jealous.

Hey when are you going back home again and whereabouts are you going? Last night I figured out that we were both in Makati and Antipolo when we were over there. Not sure when I'll have enough $ and time to go there again, but I think I'm gonna take mom back to Illocos Norte where she was born and raised.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 less month of winter

I’m going home in Feb for about 3 weeks. I already bought slicks for the Slinger so it can do double duty while I’m there.
The last time I was home was for the month of December 04. I was there for close to a month! There is a burgeoning riding and racing scene in the PI- you should really consider bringing a bike with you when you go. I did some road rides in Antipolo the last time. If you can swing between the Jeepneys and tricycles- you should be ok. It really is a lot like riding in downtown NYC and DC sometimes!
I can hook you up with some riding buddies that I met there if you wish...

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Hell I can barely go down Hulls without nearly crashing into someone!!! No way in hell this brotha would survive on the bike on the streets of Manila!!!

How are you buying your plane tix? You just using one of the biggies like Travelocity or Orbitz or are you using a lesser known way of buying tix?

Hopefully the next time we go, it won't nearly be as traumatic as it was last time :rolleyes:. Miscommunication with relatives....mom not knowing the customs and traditions (she's been away a looong time). Ugh.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I still have a LOT of miles from my traveling days so everytime I go home, it's Singapore Airlines and Raffles Class baybeee! They absolutely have the best service to the PI and the HOTTEST flight attendants (not that hot flight attendants are the primary reason-but it is a close second to flight safety record....hehe)... Typically, Orbitz can get you good prices depends on what time of the year you go. For Feb, I saw $800 to $900 with United. However, I would try to pay extra to go with an Asian carrier like Asiana, Singapore or Thai since they have way better service on international segments. It makes the flights go by smoother.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dog's life

After a few good bike rides, a few nice hikes, Lua got an awesome Christmas meal (baked chicken and white rice)... Yes, my dog gets to sleep on the bed and has her own blankies...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
flipnidaho said:
RRB at the top of Gooseberry....
Are you two dating, or just friends with benefits?
And I agree: the employees of Asian-based airlines are worlds better than most anything else flying around.

·
Banned
3,224 Posts
I like it!

flipnidaho said:
After a few good bike rides, a few nice hikes, Lua got an awesome Christmas meal (baked chicken and white rice)... Yes, my dog gets to sleep on the bed and has her own blankies...
I always thought one measure of a persons character (and of a society too)
is how they treat pets, and animals in general.

I love dogs so if I had one, he/she would get about the same treatment!

·
roar
300 Posts
Hey. What a good question to put in the forum for all to read! Yay for you. We're friends. Our dogs are dating though.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts