Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

70 cm road bike. SEVENTY!!!

3K views 26 replies 24 participants last post by  schnee 
#1 ·
I can't even begin to fathom what kind of human sasquatch could ride this thing. Total freak show...but it was made for someone! On local CL.

If you are actually 10 feet tall like everyone on the internet pretends to be....I found your bike.

Bicycle Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Crankset

See less See more
#11 ·
I had to search and see if there were actually any other 70cm frames out there, because there just can't be that many 7 foot tall dudes out there riding bikes. Turns out there are a couple:

This is a 70cm Seven for a Seven foot dude. A 7770 (see what I did there). High BB for...ready for this? Custom 215mm cranks. WTF??

Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Tire Wheel Crankset

#15 ·
When I first worked at an LBS in the early 90s, we sold an MTB to someone who played for the Milwaukee Bucks. The guy was huge, I think somewhere between 6'9'' and 6'11'. For his toe clips, we had to fashion extenders out of copper tubing and use extra long screws to mount the clips. This was before SPD existed.

#22 ·
Yao Ming's 2.29m / 7'6". I'm also 6'2" and my 5' wife is just a bit higher in comparison to me. So maybe he's like 5'8"

#26 ·
Seat looks kinda low... ;)

"True story -

~1989 or so...Giant man (not a Giant sales rep - a really tall NBA-looking guy) walks into our old bike shop with a 30" Panasonic road bike with the seat tube separated from the bottom bracket (big shocker with like a 140T chainring and 240mm cranks - that's only kind of a joke) - asks if there's any chance it is under warranty.

We shop guys are like, "um... I don't think so... but, I'll ask".

So we go to the owner: "Check out this dude and his bike"

Sure enough, the frame has our shop sticker on it, and the owner says "Wait a minute..."

He (almost literally) takes a running dive "under the deck". "The deck" is where obsolete items go to return to the soil or wherever they came from. He crawls out with an exact match to the guy's 30" Panasonic frame. Brand new. "Take it. We'll never sell it," he says.

Shop guys >>> :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster:

Same paint and everything. Why we ever had 2 of them at any time is beyond comprehension.

-F "

-F

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.