Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Muy Borracho
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm heading up to Rossland from Central Oregon on July 1st. How are the conditions up there? Are the trails fairly clear of snow?

Also, is there any good white water in the area worth kayaking?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

·
roots, rocks, rhythm
A little of this and that........nothing cheap! Try to buy local, which is really hard!
927 Posts
I am sure some locals will chime in but in the mean time here is a good source:

http://www.revolutioncycles.ca/

From what my sister says about the weather in Balfour it seems to be pretty warm so hopefully it is melting the snow on the trail.
Otherwise have fun it is a fabulous trail. Well worth the effort.:thumbsup:

:cool:

·
Registered
586 Posts
From my years spent in the Kootenays the only time you could be semi-certain of clear peaks was July and August. Mid peaks are clear from June - Sept, which seems most likely in this situation. Although I have never ridden the trail in question, I would be willing to bet that it has been clear for a month or more, otherwise they would be getting snow by early Sept. If the trail was only available for ~2 months I'm quite sure it would be made well known.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I can't comment on this year, but rode it last year over July long weekend. There was a little snow near Old Glory, maybe 20'. Other than that it was clear and super fun! I'll be riding it in August.

·
Muy Borracho
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm riding it regardless. After looking at the forecast for next week I might need to lay in the snow to cool off.

I'll let you know how it is.

·
Registered
216 Posts
7S ride

Myself and a few friends rode the Seven Summits yesterday (July 5) and can report it is in primo condition. Traction was as good as it gets, the result of some rain the day prior, and the few lingering snow drifts were easily hiked over. The Dewdney DH finish was a blast!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.